Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions relating to the use of Booksure™ agreed between: Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd trading as Booksure™ and the “User”.
Booksure™: Incorporates all software packages, modules and services developed and designed by Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd.
Operator: An individual or entity making use of Booksure™.
Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd: Including the directors and employees (Hereinafter referred to as “Us”, “Our”, “We”).
Client: A person or persons making a reservation via the Site.
User: A person or persons making use of the Site.
Enquiry: An enquiry made by a client via the Operator’s own website or via the Site.
Quotation: An online quotation submitted by the Operator specifying the price to be charged for the requested accommodation.
Reservation: An accepted quotation becomes a reservation after the pre-determined deposit amount has been paid by the Client.
By using this Site or any Service offered by this Site, you agree to comply with, and be legally bound by the following terms and conditions. This includes the use of a Service via the Operator’s own website. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not continue to use this Site. It is the User’s responsibility to regularly review these terms. Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to revise these Terms and upload changes to these Terms. By using this Site, the User agrees to have accepted the revised Terms.
Use of Site
Booksure™ facilitates communication between Operators and prospective and existing Clients. Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd is in no way able to influence, negotiate or mediate between these parties should a dispute arise.
Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd cannot be held liable should there be a misrepresentation by the Operator of the type of services, amenities or accommodation facilities offered.
Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd cannot and will not confirm any user’s identity or purported identity.
By using this Site or any Service offered by this Site, you agree to not:
- illegally copy, store, use, alter, erase, impair, interfere with or attempt to interfere with our software, data and network resources;
- use this Services to assist in the distribution of unsolicited commercial email ("spam") or advertisements unrelated to the communication facilities offered by Booksure™;
- impair the electronic communications to or from, or interfere with or obstruct the lawful use of, or otherwise cause any unauthorised computer functions to our computer systems or those of other users or any other person;
- engage in any practice or conduct that is unlawful under any laws applicable to you;
- use our Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person without their consent;
- register for a Service on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
- offer accommodation that you do not yourself own or rent (excluding the situation in which you are listing accommodation in the capacity of a rental or listing agent on behalf of a third-party property owner, in which case you must be in possession of a valid mandate from the owner);
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- submit content that is inaccurate or misleading;
- submit content that is hateful, threatening, contains profanities, is vulgar or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to cancel a user account or take other appropriate actions in its sole discretion in response to any conduct it deems inappropriate.
The completion of the Booksure™ online signup does not guarantee a successful application. Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd has the right to, at its own discretion, refuse an applicant. By completing the online signup process, the applicant acknowledges that he/she is either the owner of the establishment or is duly authorised to act on behalf of the owner.
Warranties and Indemnity
All payments and information received through Booksure™, will be processed using an industry standard level of security so as to minimise the risk of unauthorised disclosure or interception by third parties. Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd cannot, however, indemnify the Operator/Client/User against any loss or harm it may suffer as a result of unauthorised disclosures or interception of payments and information.
In the unlikely event that an Operator/Client/User is unable to use the Booksure™ booking system due to problems with Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd server, or their internet, Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd will use its best efforts to ensure that any problems that may arise will be resolved as quickly as possible. Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd however cannot be held responsible for any loss of revenue or reputational damage that may result from any such problem.
Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd does not guarantee that the Booksure™ Service will meet all Operator/Client/User expectations, be free of errors, or that errors reported will be corrected.
Any content or information transmitted or accessed through the Booksure™ Service is done so at the Operator/Client/User’s own discretion and risk. Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted, stored or uploaded by an Operator/Client/User. The Operator/Client/User is solely responsible for any loss or damage arising out of the use or submission of content from the Booksure™ service.
The Operator/Client/User herewith indemnify Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd, its employees, shareholders and representatives in respect of any loss or damages suffered as a result of utilising the services provided by Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd.
This includes but is not limited to:
- failure on the part of the Operator to honour cancellation terms
- non-availability of accommodation as a result of overbooking
- termination of business by an Operator
Modification of Service
Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to, at its own discretion and without liability to the Operator/Client/User, with or without prior notice and at any time, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of our Services to Operator/Client/User.
The Operator/Client/User hereby agrees and gives its consent to the Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction in respect of any legal matter that may arise out of this agreement, even if the amount claimed by Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd exceeds the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court. Magus Ventures (Pty) Ltd shall, however, still have the right to approach a higher court if it so chooses.